Friday, October 23, 2009

Serbia

Although I only passed through the country of Serbia quickly I thought I would post a few pictures from our couple of hours there because it was unlike anywhere else I have seen during this trip. It seemed to have a large amount of poverty from what I could see. Sadly, I do not know much about this country as I wish I did, but perhaps I can do some research and get back to you on that information. Until then I will just post a few photos and a few thoughts that I had.This picture seemed as though there was an earthquake or something and the building was never rebuilt. There were many more buildings like this one.

As we got onto our train we had to walk under a bridge and we saw behind a gate that there were probably hundreds of people who were sorting through what looked like organized trash. It looked like all of the Goodwill stores threw up and then they all were organized under this bridge. I didn't get a photo of this particular scene, although I wish I would have, but I did get a few shots that sort of show the poverty and amounts of trash everywhere.

This picture I just liked because there money was different. I forget what it was called.... but we felt rich because we had a 1000 but in US dollars it was only about 7 or something.

Also. The toilets where on the floor! And we had to pay 20 to use them. Well, 20 of their money so it was maybe 50 cents to us. We were confused at first but we figured it out.








3 comments:

  1. Looks like the most interesting country so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was very interesting. just not what we were used to experiencing over here.

    ReplyDelete