Friday, October 23, 2009

Greece

Now, I know that I have already posted about the trip
at the end of Greece and our travels up North, so I thought that posting about my visit to Crete would be appropriate.

Becc and I stayed the lovely home of our friend
Nicole who is stationed in the town of Souda
on Crete. Nicole was a wonderful host and showed us around the island a bit. The first day we arrived Becc and I were tired from our travels so we took a nap and read on the porch at Nicole's house, that happens to have an incredible view.
The next day the three of us rent a car and head to the town of Knossos where there are ruins of a castle. The weather was just as great as we had imagined; sunny and warm with clear skies.
We ate Gyros a few times and I was looked at very oddly when I asked for mine without meat. But hey, after being a vegetarian for 6 years I guess I'm used to it by now.

Later that night the three of us go out for drinks and dancing until 4am.
Who knew that bars stay open until the people leave??
I was not aware, but pleasantly surprised.
The girl pictured in this photograph with Becc and I was our Romainian bar tender who
may or may not have been out of her fucking mind.

Some swimming happened and some more lounging and reading happened.
It did rain a bit which limited our outdoor activities,
but we did see quite a bit while we were on the island. All in all, Greece was beautiful; however I must add that it was not what I was expecting and I was/still am, extremely disappointed with the fact that I was not able to make it to a smaller island. Perhaps I will have to return someday and see all of the things that I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment