Thursday, October 22, 2009

Salzburg, Austria: day 1

As soon as I stepped off the train in Austria it felt like home. I knew I loved this city from the moment I saw it and exploring for the short amount of time that I did only made these feelings stronger. The city is beautiful. Clean. Friendly. Beautiful buildings. Castles. History. Good food. Lovely weather.
Becca and I explored for a bit today after we got settled and took our first shower in days. We saw beautiful buildings and castles, and plenty of people on bikes. The city is very bike friendly and very clean. I am glad to be back in a city where German is used; I love the way it sounds and feels.

It was rainy and cold today, but we did not mind. We just bunndeled up and explored as much as we could.

For lunch we ate at a market. We ate a lovely sandwhich with fresh veggies and this thing that is called a Knödel, which is like a ball of stuffing with veggies in it. Very tasty. Then for dinner we went out and got soup and salads along with a glass of wine each. I ate cream of Zuchinni soup. And if anyone wanted to know, this kind of soup is in my top 5 favorite soups. Becca and I get bored on the train and we make up games that includ
e listing our top favorite...whatevers. Books. Movies. or whatever we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment