Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The weather


As I may have mentioned previously, it is currently the rainy season here in Cuernavaca. Today my afternoon run with some of the kid from NPH was even more enjoyable than usual because of the fresh, crisp air and only a few sprinkles. The weather made me feel at home. Not only was the weather perfect for my run, I had a lovely companion as well. One of the first year high school girls who I recently became closer with when she gifted me a stuffed poodle even though I strongly protested. Since the gift giving situation a few nights ago, we have spent more time together than we had in the past. We get along well, and she seems interested in things I have to say. Or rather the things that I try to say. She is also very patient when I practice Spanish. I have decided that my new friend is a kindred spirit. One of those people that you immediately feel comfortable with. It's funny how the smallest things can turn your day around. 





1 comment: