Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tochas

If you look up the word "tochas" in a Spanish English dictionary, you won't actually find anything. However, this word is very commonly used by the pequenos here at NPH. This word translates to "joking". I hear kids yell "TOCHAS!!!" as they play a trick on their friend. I hear this word multiple times a day and it always makes me smile.

I realize that perhaps I haven't made it totally clear what a normal day might look like for me here in Mexico. Each day is a bit different but I will give you all a quick outline of what I experienced today.

8:30- Head down to the office
9:00- Drive to Miacatlan. (I don't drive, I get a ride)
10:00ish- Arrive at Miacatlan and begin taking photographs of various products with children.
(Keep in mind that Miaca is very hot and always sunny so walking around taking pictures is a little tiring after a while)
2:00- Get on the bus back to Cuernavaca
3:00ish- Arrive in Cuernavaca for lunch
4:00- Open up the library for the kids to study. (During library time we help kids with their homework and also work on alphabetizing the books)
6:45- Life Teen. A weekly youth group.
8:00-Serve dinner and spend time with the kids
9:00- Kids go into the dorms and we spend time with them until we go up to bed.
10:00- Home for the evening.

This is what most Wednesdays will look like for me.
Other days will be different depending on if I'm in the office or the high school as well as the various afternoon activities.

Tonight we held Life Teen up on the roof and it was a beautiful event.

Buenos Noches!



No comments:

Post a Comment