Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Paris. Session 1. Take 2.



Halloween 2009!

The next day we decide to take it easy. Im not sure why we decided this but I guess at when it gets to be a certain point in the day you kind of just give up on going out. We had a great brunch of pasta, tomatoes, bread and cheese. Then we just chatted with the guys, Bobo, Matt, Nathan and Nathan’s younger brother who looked much older.

Our only outing of the day was to the grocery store to buy things to make raclette and far too much wine. Raclette is a French dish that consists of boiled potatoes and meat topped with melted cheese which you melt yourself over a flame sort of thing. I even tasted the meat just to see what it was like but I didn’t think it was any better with the meat than without it.

I would say that there was about 20 people at our little Halloween party and I would also say that we were the only ones dressed up. We stood out as those Americans who dress up for this silly holiday. However, once everyone had a few glasses of wine and got to know each other more we realized that our wigs were a huge hit. Everyone wanted to wear them. So everyone did wear them.

So in a nutshell, our Halloween consisted of the following.

1. Halloween party in a house in Paris.

2. Raclette/wine.

3. Dancing.

4. Sharing of wigs.

5. People speaking in French.

6. People smoking cigarettes inside (seemed so weird to me)

All in all, it was a lovely holiday. I mean come on, any chance to wear face eyelashes with jewels on them is a good time in my opinion.

2 comments: