Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Holiday Season



These past few weeks have really flown by.
Christmas here in Mexico was both hectic and magical. So many piñatas and so much candy. Not having to worry about gifts but making sure to spend quality time with my kids and with my dear friends Whitney, Wesleigh and Monica as they spent their days here in Mexico. 




Then came my visit to the US which was filled with so many beautiful faces. I was welcomed home by everyone and overjoyed to spend time with my loved ones. Laughing and good food were two of the most important aspects of my trip. I am thankful to have so many people in so many places who love me. 
















Next came my vacation in Mexico with Jon. Jon and I first spent some time at NPH so that he could meet my kids and see what I do. His favorite dinner at NPH was the same as mine. Lentils.




Taxco was where we found ourselves next. Taxco is by far one of the most romantic cities I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. Cobble stone roads that curve up the steep hill the city is built on surrounded by classic homes and ancient cathedrals. We ate pizza on a roof top balcony over looking the city and then road a tram to the top of the hill to overlook the surrounding areas. Our hotel was less than ideal as you can see in the picture. We made up for the first hotel with our second in Mexico City. The next few photos will give you a good idea of the comparison of the two hotels. Due to a confusion on our part, we had less time to explore in Mexico City. But we ate amazing tacos and walked around seeing the sights close to the city center.




Cuernavaca




Taxco






















Mexico City












Being able to share what I do each day with Jon was so very meaningful to me. I am thankful to have a partner who cares so much about what matters most to me.

Getting back into the swing of things is proving to be difficult but all of the hugs I receive each day from all of these wonderful kids sure doesn’t hurt.





1 comment:

  1. holy moly i am exploding about those churches! i LOVE that architecture!!!! there is nothing like it!
    also that first hotel looks horrifying.
    also that food looks amazing.
    also i'm so happy, it seems like you had the best last couple of months.
    (love you)

    ReplyDelete