Monday, October 24, 2011

A smiling heart

Yesterday was a truly wonderful day. I will give you a quick peak into why I absolutely love being here with these kids.

My day began with Whitney and I inventing oreo pancakes. After a late breakfast we laid on a blanket in the sun with a few girls. We stayed here on the lawn for perhaps two hours, just talking, reading, playing the guitar and singing together. After our lounge time in the sun, Whitney and I squeezed into a car with ELEVEN other girls. I won't tell you how many seat belts this car had. We went to a smaller NPH house in town to use their pool and play games. There wasn't much sun near the pool so most people didn't swim. We played cards and ate popcorn with salsa for the first hour or so and then a few of us decided to swim. When I say that we decided to swim, what I mean is that Whitney got pushed in the pool by a few girls. Then I tried to persuade some girls to jump in with me which concluded in me getting pushed in as well. After a while I got a few girls in the pool. There were countless moments in the day when I was filled with such joy that I could hardly contain it. These kids can make my heart smile without even trying. 





1 comment:

  1. once again. i love your face. your happiness. your fun. your mexico. and your color/photographs.

    ReplyDelete