Sunday, July 17, 2011

The start of something new

Alli, a fellow volunteer, is celebrating her 22nd Birthday today. As I stated in my last post, this weekend is our descanso weekend so we did some exploring as well as some eating and celebrating. 

This. Was perhaps the best burrito of my life. Vegetarian and only 35 pasos. 


I am tempted by these churros each and everyday. 


 

  Breakfast food for dinner in honor of Alli's Birthday. 



After dinner the group went dancing. For some very strange reason I assumed that the bars and clubs closed at two in the morning as they do in the States. Wrong. All of a sudden it was three A.M. and the dance floor was just as packed as when we had arrived. I realize that I might get a lot of shit for this, however, I was shocked last night at just how much of an old soul I am. Have I been aging at a more rapid rate than other people in their twenties? I seem to remember only a few years ago being able to dance all night long, and as much as I honestly adore dancing, staying out till four or five in the morning is something that I will not be able to do again for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment