Friday, July 8, 2011

Some faces to the names.

As I stated in my last entry. There are two locations that are relatively close to one another here in Mexico. One in Cuernavaca and the other in Miacatlan. Bailey and I will be staying here in Cuernavaca where our language school is and the rest of the new volunteers will be working in Miacatlan. Although we will not all be working together on a daily basis we are getting quite close. I feel that we have created a small family and I want you all to know a bit about them.

Oh and perhaps you might like a back story regarding these photos. Natascha who I will talk about later, bought us all these little chocolate eggs. They look like a cadbury egg. But inside is a toy. Her generosity mixed with our childlike curiosity created an immense amount of entertainment. But hey, I guess since we will be making about 2 US dollars a day we will need to find new ways to entertain ourselves.


First. Bailey. I have mentioned her before. Fellow Seattlite but went to school in Portland. Studied Biology and minored in Spanish. A vegetarian and perhaps the most interesting sense of humor I have ever witnessed. She can make me laugh almost hourly.


Second is Natascha. Natascha is from Switzerland and is going to be the physical therapist at the orphanage. As far as I know, Natascha knows German, Spanish, English and perhaps some French. There could be more but either way I am impressed as I am struggling to learn only my second language. Today we learned that Natascha was once a runway model and even trained by J.Alexander of America's next top model (also pictured below)


Next is Becca. Becca was a Spanish major and is from Boston. Boston, I would like to add is one of the cities in the world to where I am most called to be one day. Becca is so excited to see the children at Miacatlan and her enthusiasm is intoxicating. A fun fact about Becca is that she loves to read Broadway world, which I can only assume is like a news website about what is happening in the world of theater.


Alli. What is there to say? I already adore this girl. She is cute and spunky and was a kindergarden teacher. Just like Becca she is full of enthusiasm and excitement to play games and sing songs with the kids. Perhaps they will do some real work as well. She hates vegetables but she loves to dance so I think I'll let the vegetable thing slide.


And last, but certainly not least. The only male in our group right now. Sean DeWolf. Sean is PreMed and from The SanFran Bay Area and is going to work in the health clinic in Miacatlan. Sean has a sarcastic sense of humor that always keeps us on our toes. He is also helping me a lot with my Spanish which is very kind of him.


And that is our little group of new volunteers here at Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos!


3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE? I love everything about this, and will follow it religiously. I miss you almost every second of every day, the only reason I don't miss you every second is because when I am with my dog, sometimes I forget to miss you. just for a second. keep posting forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Chelsea! I am so happy to know that you are reading and following along with me! I will post some pictures from the kids graduation today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should tell Becca that part of my job is to read Broadway World every day or two

    ReplyDelete