Saturday, July 16, 2011

I will not.

I will not lie and I will not exaggerate.

Tonight I was caught in the biggest rain storm of my life.  Here in Cuernavaca it is the rainy season so it has been raining really hard in the evenings and during the night. Sometimes thunder and lightening. But tonight. Tonight was different. I honestly thought I might not make it home. I was on the ruta (bus) with Wesleigh, a fellow volunteer from the Seattle area, and we could not see out the windows to see when our ruta stop was. And when we finally figured out where to get off the ruta we had to jump across a river of rapidly flowing water. We then had to walk only a block and a half home, unfortunately it was through fast moving water that went to the middle of our calves.

As I was trekking through this rain storm I kept picturing myself falling due to the current and being whisked quickly down the river road.

Speaking of rivers and roads.

There is a lovely song that I highly recommend called rivers and roads and I thought of it today during my adventure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8yLwuDi2mA

No comments:

Post a Comment