Friday, July 22, 2011

Bits and pieces of my job

One piece of my job is that I work in the department entitled projects. Updating a website called www.mygoodshop.org will be one of my main focuses for projects. Basically I will figure out what is needed in the two houses here in Mexico and then update the website so that people in other countries can "purchase" items for us. Then once a person donates the money to us so that we can buy whatever product they purchased, it is my job to take pictures to send to the donors to prove that we did in fact spend their money on the things they wanted us to. 

In Miacatlan we have a small garden and farm. Currently on the farm we have some pollitos (baby chicks). I believe that is what they are called. Although I have received mixed reviews when I use that word. Anyway, recently on the website we were asking people to help us buy chicken feed so for the thank you pictures I will be sending to the donors I took the following pictures to prove that we do in fact have cute little chicks and that we are feeding them. 

I know what you are thinking. I have the funnest job in the world. Taking pictures of adorable children and baby chicks. Yes, you are right. Parts of my job are very fun. However, you have no idea how difficult and time consuming it was to get just a few girls to come do a quick photo shoot with me. NPH is like a well oiled machine that you have to figure out how to jump into. If not. You get left behind. This organization has been around for over 50 years so parts of it can be very structured. In the summer there are activities going on almost constantly so it was difficult to pull a few kids aside for a 15 minute break. With the help of a few volunteers who speak better Spanish than I, the task was completed eventually. 

And here is the end result of my photo shoot day. 














2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful megs!!! You are such a good photographer!!!

    ReplyDelete