Monday, July 12, 2010

summer time kicks


Today was the first sunny day in about a week. I went on a morning run and could feel the sun all over my body. My new favorite podcast, TBTL (Too Beautiful To Live), on my ipod and so much energy in my feet. It was a perfect morning run. What made it even better is the fact that there were so many families out and about; this reminded me of Spring and Summer in Bellingham. I couldn't help but smile at noticing this similarity between my current location and my previous home. But what made me smile the most was a tandem bicycle. On a front a middle aged father; average looking. Yet if we wanted to rate this mans' appearance, I would say he was an attractive dad on a scale from 1 to sexytime. But the kicker is the kid on the back of the bike; a curly haired boy. This child's hair is so curly and huge that it can hardly be contained by his red helmet. He is missing a front tooth and he has a band-aid on his knee. He yells out, " WhoOoo Whoo!!" as they drive past me, as if he is on a roller coaster ride and up way past his bed time. This is not the "whoo whoo!" of a "whoo girl" who has just consumed a shot of tequila and who currently has no other joy in life but this shot of alcohol. This is the "whoo whoo" of a child overcome with pure and innocent pleasure.


1 comment:

  1. i wish you would update every day, you know so that i could just follow your life!

    ReplyDelete