Tuesday, November 17, 2009

just a few thoughts of home

Today on the train ride from Pairs to Dunkurque, Katie and I listened to podcasts of wiretap, wait wait don’t tell me, and this American life. All popular shows on NPR that I miss dearly. Listening to them made me feel at home again. As much as I love it here, there are a few things from home that I really do miss. Here is a little list.

I miss… driving my car, walking in the rain and knowing that I will have a warm shower soon after, NPR, breakfast food, jogging, sleeping in my own bed, being able to wear a shirt that I have not looked at every single day for the past 6 weeks, worrying about when I will run out of underpants and socks, work, craft projects, and my music. As many of you might know by now, my ipod was stolen out of my bag in Greece. And as many more of you might know, music is something that warms my soul, calms me, and can always make me smile. I miss my music more than I can express. I have been proud of myself for not letting it get me down too much, except for that time when I cried on the ferry to Crete, but it wasn’t too many tears so I would say that I have been pretty strong.

Now, those things that I listed are things that I miss very much, however, I must add that I do miss all of my friends and family. I miss you all so very much that it hurts sometimes. I cannot wait to be able to spend time with everyone again. I know that my heart will smile when I see all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment