Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gravline, France


Graveline is a town totally surrounded by water. You must walk over a bridge to get into this quaint little town. The five of us; Katie, Becca, Patrick, Laura and I, take a bus that only takes about 30 minutes from Dunkerque. Once we get there we do a little exploring of a statue garden and of the town itself, then we head to the ocean which has perhaps the largest beach that I have ever seen in my life. It looked like a desert. The weather was crisp and breezy but not uncomfortably cold, and it helped that there was so much beauty everywhere, the colours of fall amaze me all the time, I feel as though they will never get old to me.
We walk along the boardwalk to get to the ocean, which takes quite a while since the beach is so dang long. A few stops are made along the way to explore the sights around us. Laura is a German teaching assistant that Katie knows through her program and Patrick is her man-friend who is visiting her for break. Patrick and Laura like to take pictures while they are jumping, so we decided to try it.

Once we make it to the end of the boardwalk some of our party, (Katie and I are not included) decide that they want to walk on the beach which includes climbing down a rock cliff like thing. Katie and I have shorter legs than most of the group so this adventure was a bit more scary for us, but we did finally make it and were thankful to be safe on the ground.


6 comments:

  1. I wish I could see the pictures larger! You guys are all so very very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, 'man-friend' oh mom, I love everything about you. And the pictures are wonderful, makes me feel like I'm there-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. France looks amazing. Hope all is well.

    -Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the small pictures Alexis my love, we use the internet at the Mac Do. so its slow and the larger the picture the longer it takes.

    Ill try and post more later about Paris!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meghan,
    Andrew gave me your blog and I am traveling vicariously through you at this very moment. It sounds like you are having such an amazing adventure. I'm so happy for you.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise-

    I am so glad that you are interested in reading about my adventures. Thank you for the thoughtful comments. Perhaps when I get home we can meet up fro coffee sometime. Love.

    ReplyDelete