Monday, October 12, 2009

Art

Art is everywhere here.
I see it in the buildings and on the streets each day.


I am sure that most people would agree that most of these historical buildings and statues of naked men and women of the past would qualify as art; but I wish to spend a bit of time focusing on the art that some people might not consider to be art.

The other day, Becc, Rae and I were walking around in Rome and we saw all of this.... stuff just sitting on the sidewalk. It looked like garbage at first. Then we started paying attention and we realized that it was art that someone had set up on purpose for the people walking by to see.

We turn around and there is a man standing against the wall across the street looking at all of the people walking by his art; most likely to make sure that no one takes anything.
The Artists name is Fausto Delle Chiaie.



Anyway, I guess I started thinking about this and relating it to graffiti art which seems to be everywhere.
Some of it is just silly and unattractive in my opinion but some of the art we have seen is really impressive. Becc and I have taken a few photographs of the graffiti art that has stood out to us.

2 comments:

  1. It is this art that makes me want to travel. What are other people creating? What are they observing?

    ReplyDelete